WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are stored on your internet device when you visit websites or interact with emails. Cookies contain information that is transferred to or read on your device. Cookies are used to distinguish you from other users and collect information on your activities. This helps us to provide you with a useful experience and also allows us to improve our online services. You can find more information about cookies at: All About Cookies and Your Online Choices.
TYPES OF COOKIES:
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave a site or email.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your internet device between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion.
Cookies can also be either first-party or third-party cookies. This depends on which website the cookie comes from. First-party cookies are those set by the website owner. All other cookies are third-party cookies.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognize, measure and track visitor behavior and compile a record of this usage information. This helps us to improve our online services.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our website then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned.
- Our third-party service providers also may use some of the collected information to enhance their own products and services.
YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES
The web browsers of most internet devices are initially set up to accept cookies. If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer or other device, you can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your device. The help feature on most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to receive notice when a new cookie is set, and how to disable cookies altogether. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit About Cookies / Manage Cookies to find out how to disable and delete cookies. If you choose to block or delete cookies, our website may not operate optimally.